Monday, June 15, 2009

The day has come....

I knew the day would come when I would not PR at a race, and yesterday was that day. I had my second summer series race at Phoenix Reach 11 Horse Park. It was a trail run. I felt pretty good, did a 5 mile warm up. The gun went off and I went out WAY too fast. My first mile was 6:09! There was no way I could hold on to that! My pace slowed a lot for miles 2/3 and I kicked it in the last .2. My ending result was 20:04, an average of 6:28 a mile. I was 4th woman and 1st in my age group out of 46, so I still got a medal!

In the evening, Matt and I joined some road racer friends for dinner. We had the best time! It was so nice to spend time with them. We chatted and laughed the entire time. We also said prayer before dinner which made our time together even more special. They are just the friendliest, most supportive group of people you will ever meet! Also, us Scottsdale ladies are tough to beat, Terri and Jan came in first in their age groups too!

RoadRacers Summer Series #2 results

1 comment:

Terri and Mark said...

Nothing beats a day of running, racing, praying and socializing...(um and drinking).