Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!


Every time that I am home to WI, my dad makes his special shrimp for us. As a nod to Dad's day, Matt and I decided to make it for dinner last night. The shrimp is marinated for 6 hours in butter, parsley, green onions, garlic, and white wine. Then the shrimp is grilled and the marinade is boiled down with Frank's red hot sauce for a dipping sauce.
Oh. My. Gosh. It is the best shrimp you will ever have. The sauce is amazing and I can eat an entire loaf of french bread dipped in this *super healthy, low fat sauce*!

Dad teases us and says that there is a missing ingredient, and for some reason his shrimp always do taste a little bit better. hmm.....

To drink we made these strawberry wine coolers. They were really good!

For desert, we had a Door County, WI strawberry-rhubarb crisp. I was going to make a peach cobbler, but the peaches were not quite ripe yet.

We had such a great meal and talked about how wonderful our Father's are! We love you and hope you are having a wonderful Father's Day. Next year, we will be making this for you!

No comments: