Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Running

On Sunday I finished a 78 mile week! I have never put in this kind of mileage before and I was not as exhausted as I thought I would be. My week looked like this:

M-rest day from Sunday's race
T-3 recovery miles a.m. with Tank, 10 miles with 5 mile threshold (speed) p.m.
W- 3 miles a.m., 14 miles with 4 Mummy Mountain hill sprints.
R- 6 miles recovery a.m.
F- 3 miles a.m., 12 miles p.m.
S- 7 miles with stride-outs
S- 20 miles with hills- Matt rode his bike with me and we had so much fun! It was a beautiful morning! We were able to watch the sunrise out in the desert as we ran/rode.

After our 20 mile adventure, (we were home by 8:30am), we got some coffee, relaxed a bit, then went biking to grab some beer and burgers at Four Peaks Tempe.
(I was really bugging Matt with the camera that day! Can you tell?) ;)









After that, we rode to Old Town to listen to the free band that plays every Sunday outside at the Scottsdale Civic Center Park. The weather was gorgeous. We had so much fun!



We also joined our local running group, Arizona Road Racers. I went to my first track practice last night and met some really nice people. I was nervous about it but it was fantastic. It is nice to have that 'competitive' push every once in awhile. It is hard to do speed sprints with no one chasing you! :)
This week and next I will do around 70 miles, then I have about 68, 70, 63, 68, and then 56, 33, 27 as I taper for Boston. I am getting really excited!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

You amaze me Ariana. I would be dead. DEAD! Tell me you wern't having burgers and beer at 9 o'clock in the morning...LOL.

So I was thinking about the AZ Roadracers. Do you think that a slow poke like me would have anyone to run with there? How hard was the workout? SCC at 6 o'clock right? That's right on the way home and right at the right time. Hmmmmm. :)