Monday, February 2, 2009

Marathon and Beyond



I got through my 21 miles, 7:55 average pace. I am really starting to see a big improvement in my running. I felt really good!

Anyways, more importantly..... PF CHANGS MARATHON!!!!
Matt did SO well in the race. He did the first 21 miles at a 7 minute mile pace. That is so blazin' fast. That is my tempo run for 4 miles, that's all I can do! He was doing awesome but began to run out of steam at about mile 22. Nevertheless, he ran a 3 hour 22 minute marathon. Matt ran such a good race and set a new PR for himself- and a bar for me to reach- a little competition is good for a marriage! LOL!!!!

My Dad ran his first EVER 1/2 marathon. He finished in 2 hours 30 minutes. He did not walk once! I am so proud of him. He picked up running a year ago after seeing Matt and I run PF Changs. Now he is looking forward to beating his time in the next 1/2 marathon and then trying a FULL!!!! My dad so rocks. Seattle in June Dad???

My sister also ran her first 1/2 marathon with a pretty severe leg injury. The Doc gave her the ok to run this time but now she needs to recuperate. I paced her through it and I think she got a bit annoyed at me and my cheerfulness! But she made it across the finish line in under 2 hours!!! There is no WAY I could have done that on my first race. I swear she has natural talent and a really good "screw it, run though it" attitude. We crossed the finish line holding hands- I in tears (Cheeseball)- I was just so proud of my sis for doing this. Still am! She is also looking forward to her next 1/2 and then a full.

Our best friends Shannon and Mike also ran their first ever 1/2 marathon, and I KNOW Shannon is hooked too! She is already looking for our next race! They did so awesome. They trained so hard and ran so well!

It was a great weekend with family and friends and so many 'firsts'! I can't wait until we all do it again!

Matt and I are running our next race on February 15th. We are running in the Lost Dutchman Half Marathon. I am really excited to compete in the half and enjoy the beautiful course. Who celebrates Valentine's Day by running? Apparently we do! :)


I only have 2 pics from the weekend, Dad and Matt getting ready for the race. With all the excitement, we forgot to take lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Brandon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon said...

holy cow! I cannot believe you (matt) had a 7min/mile pace! that is amazing! you are blowing my time out of the water on my halfs! haha, i love it.=) Running another half Sunday, this will only be my 3rd. I gotta take a break, had two in the past two weeks, or I would have joined you for lost duchman. but let me know how it goes! I miss you guys!