Sunday, November 15, 2009

Tempe IronGirl

At the start line hands on watches!

What an amazing race! I won the 2009 Tempe IronGirl with a time of 1:03:27, a 6:19 average pace over the 10 miles. I felt so good! I was only aiming for 6:40's, but I surprised myself. The stars were aligned for me today!
I had some AMAZING girls to compete against (including a world-class triathlete) , which made for a good race. I left my main competitor at mile 8 to finish strong with my last 2 mile splits at 6:06 and 5:56. I just felt really, really, good. Matt, Terri, Mark, and Bradford were all there cheering me on and said I had a smile on my face the entire time. This is my first win at a big race, so I am really excited about it, not to mention, I was kind of the underdog (or unknown) going in.
On my tail. :) Great racing!

I got a lead bike! Holy cow!




So close to the finish in a sprint.
I think this has to be my best race picture of all time. :)
Crossed the mat, I'm done!

http://www.onlineraceresults.com/race/view_race.php?race_id=10228#racetop

Shannon did awesome in the 5k, a new PR for her after dealing with a severe injury this past month!
Yay! Alissa and Alanna both ran amazing 10 mile races as well. The Irongirl was a great race and so much fun!
Next up...Tucson!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

Kara Goucher is your new nickname ...SO AWESOME!! I have a feeling this isn't your fastest either! This blog is great, too. I love that picture of your dog on the Runner's World!

OceanDesert said...

I JUST stumbled across your blog today... which is crazy cuz I also just ran the Tempe Iron Girl, (5K tho!) today! CONGRATS on first place, wow!

I started running almost a year ago, after my double lung transplant and LOVE it! Although I am a pretty slow runner right now, I look forward to getting stronger and stronger with each run!

Cory said...

Congratulations! Great race report and great pics (especially the one you indicated was your favorite ... could a runner's form be any more perfect!)

Ariana said...

Thanks for stopping by guys! I was hoping other people than my family were enjoying the blog! :)
I appreciate your kind words and support! :)

Kathleen said...

I just stopped by to see the race pics. A very special win for an amazing athlete! I am sure this is the first of a long line of wins for you!

Brandon said...

that is so awesome!! sorry, been while since I have been on here. looks like you are really kicking some ass out there! when are you running in san diego again?