Sunday, November 8, 2009

IRON GIRL TEMPE

So, we went to watch Terri, Brett, Jim, Jan, and many of our other friends run the Phoenix 10k/5k today. They all did so awesome ! I cannot believe how many people were there! It was great! The McMillan elite racing team from Flagstaff was also there, so it was really cool to see the women race. Holy Mackeral they are fast!

So, I *just maybe* got the itch to race and I *just maybe* signed up for the Iron Girl 10 miler next weekend at Tempe Town Lake. Maybe meaning yes. :) I am super excited for it and also I am curious to see how my training has been going. My goal is a 6:30 pace for the 10 miles. We'll see. :) I have 82 miles scheduled for this week, so I am going to cut that and taper a bit.
Yesterday I ran 20 miles with the last 14 miles at marathon goal pace (6:45-6:50) with my last mile at 6:20. It felt great!!!

Here is the link to iron girl, it looks really fun!

TEMPE IRON GIRL 10 MILER

Wish me luck!
xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! awesome run! just stumbled upon your blog and i love it!