Thursday, May 28, 2009

San Diego Rock And Roll Marathon 5/31

My bib is 3067... I am trying to think of ways that could make it be my lucky number! I am pretty nervous, I have never run 2 marathons 6 weeks apart before. I am trying to tell myself that I am doing this for fun and not trying to PR. Although I know my competitive side will come out. I think I am going to TRY to stay in the 7:30-7:45 range, we will see how that pans out. I have been pretty tired all week with the heat and end-of-school-year stress. I am telling myself that I will not get discouraged if I can't hold that.
I am starting training for Tucson on August 9th and am going to try a plan that peaks at 85 miles. I am really excited for that and hoping for a huge PR at Tucson in December. So if I don't do well at San Diego, Tucson is right around the corner.

*Disclaimer* I am tapering and nervous so anything that I type is due to that! Matt thinks it is really funny that I have such low expectations before every race and I usually end up doing great. Taper madness I suppose!

No comments: