Sunday, May 3, 2009

SRP Night Run For The Arts

My sis Marisa came in from San Diego to do this 8k (5mile) race with me. We had so much fun!

Me and Marisa before heading out to the race!



Me crossing the finish line at 34:12. They called third woman when they said my name. hmmm.... My official results this morning say I was 4th woman, second in my age group 20-29. Kind of annoyed. I swore there were only 2 women ahead of me, Matt only saw 2 come in before me. Something must have happened behind the scenes. Oh well, I still got my medal and my only goal was to break 35 minutes (7min miles) as I am pretty sick and just ran Boston. (I am not competitive at all huh?) ;)
It is funny though, last year I was third woman and second in my age group with doing 7:30 min/miles. This year same exact placement doing 6:43's! This run has gotten quite competitive!



Post-race. Marisa did AWESOME! She ran 8:17 minute miles and was the 36th woman out of 400 something! 12th in her age group!!!! Woohoo! This was only her second race ever!




Me getting my award. At least they did not forget about me this year!

No comments: