Monday, October 19, 2009

Century week

So, as a challenge to myself, I am trying to run 100 miles in 7 days. I have been running 70-85 miles per week the last 6 weeks. I know that this one week won't make me a better runner, but I think it will really help me to do 2 things:
1. Learn to run on tired legs. (i.e. mile 20 at the marathon)
2. Strengthen my mental "toughness" for racing. I tend to lose it mentally and stop believing in myself when the going gets hard. The going will get hard this week and I want to try to overcome it.
This Saturday, I am running 24 miles with Matt, Terri, Mark, and Mark on the marathon course in Tucson. So, besides the high mileage, I am treating this week like marathon "dress rehearsal". Getting lots of rest, eating lots, and figuring out what works with my stomach to run my "pretend marathon" on Saturday.
I will keep posting this week with century week updates. You can check my daily progress at Daily Mile on the right. :)
Wish me luck!

"Ice" bath number one. (I am sure of many this week! ) After this mornings' 12 miles.

No comments: