Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last Long Run

So, I am about to head out for my last long run. An easy 12 miler. I can't believe that the time is almost here. After so many weeks of lots, and lots, of running, my legs are feeling fresh again and I just feel ready. This is the first training cycle that I did not skip ANY runs unless I was sick. I only missed 2 short runs due to that.

So because it is a known fact that runners begin to get emotional during tapering time, (major cut-back in miles before the marathon) I have an excuse for the following!

I am so thankful every time I run, (even if it is a bad one), to God that I am able to do this. He has helped me to stay healthy and strong. It is so amazing to wake up every morning, begin running under the beautiful stars, and then see the sun come up over the mountains. Awesome start to the day! I feel so blessed to be able to do this.

I really could not be so successful if it were not for Matt. He wakes up early every weekend to ride his bike while I run so that I don't have to go by myself. We are talking 20 mile bike rides at 5am for him. He comes EVERY weekend. Matt also is there at track practice every Tuesday night to cheer me on. Matt makes the best healthy food for me, I am just so lucky. He has encouraged me when I call him during shorter runs crying because I am so tired. He has massaged the knots out of my legs and has made me hot cocoa to take with me into an ice bath. He is there with me at 5 different running stores searching for the perfect Boston outfit. He has been at my side for all of my running shenanigans and has supported all of my goals. I truly have the most wonderful husband in the world. I love you Matty!

Thank you also to my wonderful family for supporting me with encouragement. It means so much to me, you have no idea. Thank you for not thinking I am completely crazy for doing this! (well, maybe you do, put thanks for keeping it to yourselves!) :)I am also so thankful that some of my family members have started running too!(Dad, Emma, Kris!!) That is so cool.

Thank you so much to my friends for your support!

Boston preview and details will be posted tonight! Off to run! :)
Love, Ariana

No comments: