Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And miles to go before I sleep

Stopping for a pic, 5 miles to go of a hilly 22! (2 weeks ago)I was not in top form.



.10 to go!!!




I am #13129 in the Boston Marathon! I am in the first wave of runners at 10am. Bib numbers were just announced yesterday! Woohooo!!! Look at all the fun Boston Marathon gear!
Apparently, if you run Boston, you HAVE to get the jacket, so I've been told by many. That and a silver engraved Boston necklace will be my 2 for sure purchases. I really like the yellow shirt next to the jacket too. But, I have read that there is SO much at the expo that it will be hard to choose. I will have to wait patiently and not order now. :)



Ahhh... recovery week. After 70 miles last week, I am doing 63 this week and it feels good! I finally got my running mojo back. I did my 17 mile run last weekend with 14 miles at a 7:26 average pace on HILLS!!! (not my strong suit, but working on them!)
Today I did a trail run up Usery Mountain in Mesa. It was AWESOME. So beautiful and so peaceful, I wish I had taken a camera. I may go again on Friday! Happy to say, no encounters with rattlesnakes. I do think, though, that I may have picked up a snake fear from my friend Alissa! I was dodging rocks (potential snake sun-bathing spots)like no other!
Next week is 68 miles and I am doing my 20 mile long run up South Mountain with a new running buddy, Terri, that I met through AZ Road Racers. It will be nice to chat with someone for the long haul!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

That is awesome! How exciting to get your number, just one step closer! Keep it going!

Alissa said...

Ohhh I've never been to Usery Mountain. You'll have to tell me how to get there. Sorry to have given you my snake fear. Glad you managed to avoid them! Also glad to hear you've found another speed demon to run with. I'm so excited to hear about Boston. I hope it goes well for you!!!